This following disclosure is to regulate the rights, duties, and responsibilities of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ulaanbaatar, the International Organization for Migration’s Korea Visa Application Center, and visa applicants.
1) ‘Embassy’ indicates the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ulaanbaatar.
2) ‘IOM KVAC’ indicates the authorized entity that provides services related to the Korean visa application to an applicant or a recognized agent in accordance with procedures and regulations determined by the Korean Ministry of Justice and the ROK Embassy in Mongolia.
3) ‘ROK Authorized Agency’ indicates one of the ten local agencies recognized by the Government of the Republic of Korea and the local Government of Mongolia to receive visa applicants and to start the basic procedures of screening of the documentation.
4) ‘Visa applicant’ indicates an individual willing to apply for a Korean visa or a third party entrusted for the application such as individuals, travel agencies, or other visa agency organizations.
5) ‘Personal information’ indicates all the personal information provided by an applicant including information related to name, gender, data of birth, passport, nationality, telephone number, address, workplace and others.
6) ‘Service fee’ indicates the fees received from an agency or an applicant at the premises of KVAC when submitting the visa application documentation, in accordance with the regulations established by the ROK Embassy in Ulaanbaatar.
7) ‘Application Receipt’ indicates a document proving that a visa application has been submitted along with relevant visa and service fees. The document represents the only proof to track the visa application submission.
The IOM KVAC in Ulaanbaatar performs the following tasks:
1) The IOM KVAC only serves the role of administrative support of the ROK Embassy in Ulaanbaatar and hence is not involved in any of the decision-making process for visa applications.
2) Accept visa application from and supporting documents on behalf of the ROK Embassy.
3) Enter in the visa system basic and additional information related to the visa application.
4) Provide services for submitting passports, visas, and other documents to the ROK Embassy on behalf of a visa applicant.
5) Receive and transfers the visa fees on behalf of the ROK Embassy.
6) Return visa decisions to the ROK authorized agency or to the applicant.
7) Notify of visa-related information and provide services to reply to inquiries via official website, telephone, email and in person to visa applicants and agents.
8) Provide services needed for a visa applicant.
1) The ROK Embassy in Ulaanbaatar has the right to approve or deny a visa application. The IOM KVAC is not involved in any of the decision-making process.
2) The ROK Embassy can, at any time, request additional documents or information (hereinafter referred to as “additional documents”) to an applicant.
3) The processing time for each application is at complete discretion of the ROK Embassy in Ulaanbaatar and depends on the complexity and completeness of each visa application.
1) The visa applicant is required to provide accurate information according to the facts when preparing for the visa application.
2) The visa applicant is required to pay a visa fee depending on the type of visa. The visa applicant is required to pay the visa fee to the IOM KVAC regardless of visa approval, and this fee is non-refundable.
3) The visa applicant can enquiry about visa related issues via official website, telephone, email and in person at the IOM KVAC. However, the information provided is limited and cannot guarantee the approval of the visa application. The IOM KVAC is not legally responsible for this matter.
4) When receiving the application receipt, the visa applicant is required to confirm whether the information is consistent and accurate. If the information differs, the applicant is required to immediately request for modification to the IOM KVAC.
5) When the visa is issued and received by an applicant, the visa applicant is required to see if the information is consistent and accurate. If the information differs, the visa applicant is required to immediately notify the IOM KVAC. However, if the mistake is attributed to the applicant, the visa applicant is responsible for the fees that will incur for the modification and reissuance of the visa.
6) The visa applicant is required to plan the date for submitting the visa applications, according to the departure schedule. The processing time specified on the official website is a general indication and may vary in the reality. If there are additional requirements by the ROK Embassy, such as supplementary documents or confirmation of authenticity of the submitted documents, the processing time is subject to change.
7) The visa applicant is required to collect the passport before the expiry date of the visa. The IOM KVAC is not responsible to store passports and visas, over the defined collection date.
The visa applicant can choose to purchase optional services including photograph, form filling, translation, photocopy, printing and courier return by paying a separate fee. All services and related fees have been previously agreed upon with the ROK Embassy.
1) If the passport submitted by a visa applicant is lost or damaged while the IOM KVAC is in possession of it, the IOM KVAC is required to pay for the expenses. However, the visa applicant is required to submit a receipt for fees in reissuing the passport. In case the passport is already damaged at the moment of the submission of the visa application, the ROK Embassy shall be immediately notified by the IOM KVAC.
2) If the visa issuance is delayed or denied because the visa applicant did not follow the proper procedures, the IOM KVAC is not responsible.
3) In case of loss or damage of visa application documents or passport due to unavoidable causes including natural disaster or war, the IOM KVAC is not liable.
1) The IOM KVAC collects personal information of a visa applicant to provide visa related services.
2) If an applicant does not provide personal information or refuses collection, usage, and disclosure of personal information, the IOM KVAC cannot provide any service.
3) The applicant is required to read personal information protection policies provide by the IOM KVAC before submitting the visa application documents. Personal information protection policies provided by the IOM KVAC are available at www.visaforkorea.mn.
4) Personal information protection policies state the rights of an applicant in regard of collection, usage, and disclosure of personal information.
5) Phone calls with the visa application center may be recorded for the purpose of improving the service quality, and CCTV is in operation at the premises for security maintenance.
1) All the fees paid by an applicant to the IOM KVAC are indicated in MNT.
2) All the fees indicated in the website and at the premises of the IOM KVAC are approved by the ROK Embassy.
3) All the fees specified on the official website are subject to be modified. It is the responsibility of the visa applicant to verify the fees in place at the moment of the submission of the documents.
The ROK Embassy is allowed to require changes, cancelations and deletions of articles of this disclosure at any time.
All conflicts or lawsuits that occur in regard to visa applications are resolved in accordance with the dispute resolution regulations of the IOM KVAC.